|Worship at St. Paul's|
St. Paul's is located in the center of the beautiful and historic University of Virginia just across University Ave from the Rotunda and adjacent to "The Corner" shopping district. While St. Paul's orginal wooden church was built in 1910, the current sanctuary was not built until seventeen years later. The corner stone laying ceremony was held on April 13, 1926 (Founder's Day) and the first service was held in the new church on September 18, 1927. The building was designed by Charlottesville architect Major Eugene Bradbury pursuant to instructions that it be "...architecturally harmonious with the nearby university buildings."
A History of Saint Paul's Memorial Church Charlottesville, Virginia 1910-1990 by the Reverend Paula Swaebe Kettlewell
Click the link below to view our slide shows of St. Paul's .
Last Updated on Saturday, 30 July 2011 11:04